Friday, February 28, 2014

hellfire club


Rachel Valle


Hellfire Club

When I first picked my topic I had not done a lot of research on it and just judging from your blog that I had previously read I thought there would be a lot of very interesting information. However, after I started researching the topic I found how little there actually is on the subject and that brought my paper to a whole different topic. I did do research on the subject and found out more information, however it was solely on the role that Benjamin Franklin played in the club. Most of the facts I learned matched up with the ones I had already read in your blog like, who the club was started by, Sir Francis Dashwood and who the members included mainly talking about Benjamin Franklin. However, I could only find one website that even dare talk about the awful things he and the club did as a whole and even that did not go into anymore detail than you did on your blog as well. I know my topic was to write on the matter of the club and what they actually did in it to who participated but I am choosing to steer off this topic a bit. This part of my writing is coming strictly from feeling as there is no facts to back up what I am about to say other than the fact that I had a hard time researching this topic. America is supposed to be known as a prestigious country which is represented by these great men who came together from Britain and formed colonies to build the country we know and love today. The US government and citizens will do anything to maintain this image for the outside world and even for its inhabitants, and writing about something like the hellfire club which includes our very own perfect Benjamin Franklin would mean belittling the very country which holds everything we stand for and one of the most well known historical figure of that country. I think that it is so wrong how much we keep things like this issue in the dark, America has a right to know who was representing us and things they did when they were building this country. However, this scares people and no one wants to take responsibility for knowing these things so people keep the information away from the public and refuse to share what sexual endeavors our founding fathers participated in. I am sure that Benjamin Franklin was not the only one in clubs having drunken orgies behind his wife’s back, but I am also sure that we will never hear about the other sexual events and activities most of the founding fathers participated in because what kind of image would that bring to America the great.    


No comments:

Post a Comment